Hey the MLE,
I was working on a project that led me to the UEG site the other day, and I thought it was about time I write a post about this fashion brand, as they are so interesting for a number of reasons:
- They are based in Warsaw.
- Their pieces are designed to deteriorate over time, as they are all made of Tyvek, that synthetic fabric that feels like paper. "The deterioration is a way to emphasize and meditate on some of the key ideas of consumerism, like the obsession for the new and the resulting quickness with which new becomes old." Definitely the spirit of MOTHandRUST right?
- Not only do they use only one material, but they also use only 2 non-colours: black or white. No grey.
- They do not distinguish between sexes or seasons.
- One of my favourite artists, Filip Pagowski, has collaborated with them with a line created to raise the awareness of the crucial role bees play in our ecosystem (bottom picture above).
- They just launched in LA in the US of A. I love the photoshoot for the launch (pictured above).
I think MOTHandRUST has a lot in common with UEG. Perhaps a collaboration one day?